Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Great Pose-Off of 2009

I have been meaning to write this post for a while.

I took up knitting last March and I've had a wonderful time looking at patterns on Ravelry.com (a knit and crochet community). In June I came across a project by Holli, a fellow member, in which she had altered a hat pattern to fit her husband. I loved it, made it one of my "favorites", and ended up making one for my husband. I also followed Holli's blog and was hooked when I read the s'more cookie post.

I really enjoy seeing what Holli is up to, whether it's cooking or knitting. She is a talented woman!
I commented on a blog post featuring some lovely knitting. She emailed me to thank me and we started a little conversation from there. Holli ended up helping me with a yarn suggestion for the hat and encouraging me along the way. Then came the pictures of Jack modeling the hat for my Ravelry projects page and that's when things took an amusing turn. Holli explains it perfectly in her blog.

In 2010, I hope to do more cooking, reading, and knitting.




1 comment:

Holli said...

Love the post and still TOTALLY adore the photos of Jack, a-la Joe, modeling his hat. What a funny boy!