Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Recap

Jack and I had a wonderful Christmas in Seattle. Jack's sister and mother joined us for dinner and gifts. I prepared a standing rib roast and Jack made a pumpkin tart. I love being married to a man who takes on baking--baking a tart no less. Here are some highlights:

Jack's tart is Vanilla-Bourbon Pumpkin Tart from Cooking Light. I think he was particularly inspired to make this because of the bourbon. Nothing mans up a tart like bourbon! It was very tasty, click here for the recipe.

My Standing Rib Roast turned out well. Roasting is really an easy way to feed a crowd. I based my roast on Paula Dean's recipe: "Foolproof Standing Rib Roast". I had a smaller roast, so I adjusted the roasting time. I learned that, depending on preferred doneness, a rib roast should be in the oven 22 to 25 minutes per pound. And now for some present pictures:


Karen and her new "Hot Firefighter" potholder. I think he can handle her hot dishes.


Annabelle took care of her squeaker toy gift right away. I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas! In the spirit of the season, I have a link to a post on one of my favorite blogs; Mochimochi. Here are some little random acts of kindness - enjoy!

No comments: